5 Fast & Free Steps to Mosaics ~ It's That Easy
1. Start Small & Easy. Select a 12x12 tile or smaller yet, select a 4x4 tile and get started. If you would rather mosaic to the front of a plate, this can be a fun project as well. When completed, you can use mastic to adhere your tile or plate to a solid piece of wood or frame that has a hanger for easy hanging to the wall. Watch tutorial here.
2. Let your adhesive set up and dry over night.
3. Apply grout to your finished tile. You can use pre-mixed grout or mix powdered grout.
4. Let the grout sit. This takes 10 to 15 minutes. Wipe gently with a slightly damp sponge. Again, let it sit again for another 20 minutes. Again wipe gently with a slightly damp sponge. Make sure all big pieces of grout are wiped off but don't wipe so much that you wipe the grout out entirely.
5. Once dry, wipe with Murphy Oil Soap which will also help seal the grout. You are done! Enjoy!